Saturday, February 25, 2017

Meandering through Melbourne


Before we left on our most recent trip I told Sam how I'd never been to the Melbourne Museum before and he was surprised to say the least! Luckily, our Airbnb was a two minute walk and because we're both students we got free entry to the museum, so we spent a good six hours taking in as much of the incredible exhibitions as we could.





We spent so much time in the natural history/science displays that we got barely half way through the upstairs sections before we ran out of time, so we ended up going back for another few hours on our last day in town.




I was so excited to see Phar Lap! When I was little one of my favourite books was The Enemies by Robin Klein, and one of the main characters loved visiting the museum to see Phar Lap and I always wanted to go and see him too, and at the ripe old age of 23 I finally did it! I couldn't get over how huge he is, I don't know much about horses but I assume theyr'e not all this bloomin' big.




After the museum closed I third wheeled on a stroll through Carlton Gardens and down into Bourke Street with Sam and his best friend Matt. We had an early dinner in a cozy little Japanese curry shop, it was cheap and cheerful, but still super tasty! By the time we hopped the tram back to Fitzroy it was almost seven o'clock and after such a big day, I needed a nap.

Melbourne is so much bigger and busier than Adelaide and it really tends to stress me out, but this day we spent wandering through the gardens showed me another, much more peaceful side of the city that I've really come to love.

1 comment:

  1. Aw I love museums, I went to my local museum this weekend and I loved it!

    the Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete